DTS values relationships with diverse individuals, cultures, and ideas, resulting in evangelism, dialogue, application, and service that are biblical, courageous, and compassionate.
Cultural Engagement Goal
Study, understand and address the impacts of cultural captivity on the church.
- Review research Probe has done on cultural captivity.
- Go through the book Cultural Captives with mentor.
- Speak with mentor and field evaluators who have done work in this area.
- I will write a summary about the impact of culture on how Christians think about the Christian life.
- Write an article in response a culturally captive idea.
1. List your Artifacts with descriptions of what they are. You need a minimum of 2 artifacts for each value.
2. Overall Reflection Statement:
For my competence in [Christian leadership, communication, or cultural engagement], I am submitting __________ [name/type of artifact] which demonstrate(s) __________ [what you learned, experienced, or accomplished and with who]. (100-word minimum)
3. Learning Reflection Statement:
As I developed and demonstrated [Christian leadership, communication, or cultural engagement], I learned __________ [something you learned about yourself, about people, about ministry, and/or about God]. (100-word minimum)
4. Lifelong Development Statement:
As a result of the experiences documented by these artifacts, I will continue to develop in [Christian leadership, communication, or cultural engagement] by __________ [something you will do differently next time or continue to improve upon]. (100-word minimum)